To Be Young At Heart

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Clarity

As a child, I thought it rather embarrassing that my Grandmother had to raise me, as if it were some ill-spoken language that boldly announced to the world that I was neither wanted nor loved by the people who, according to society, should have loved me most. As an adult, I know that no longer to be true! In fact, over the years, God has shown me exactly the opposite, completely changing who I am, how I view things, and the passion in which I am, instinctively, driven to do them. I thank him for this, as he has so lovingly whispered to me over the years (in times of need) that while he chooses what vessel in which to bring life, just as he chose Mary to bring forth Jesus, He is the ultimate creator, who fully understands the path of life that one must take to become all that he has designed and equipped one to become. He has shown me how easy and insignificant it is to get caught up in the things of life that we have no control of, and totally miss the purpose in which they were designed to be used for. I am forever grateful to him for such clarity, which has created within me a heart that has come to fully understand the importance of selflessness and compassion for it is these two things in which my young life was based and dependent upon.

1 comment:

  1. Nebe that is so beautiful! He did indeed create you to be the compassionate woman that you are, and have always been. Inspite of the stumbling blocks the devil tried to put in your way, you used them as your stepping stones and allowed God to order your steps, I'm soooo proud of you!. God bless you! I love you and miss you sooooo much! Muah!

    ReplyDelete